Facebook is one of the leading social media platforms. There is no shocking news when the internet shows that more than 59% of the world’s population is on social media platforms. This 17-year-old platform has billions of users be it famous celebrity or common man. But only a few Facebook accounts have that verification mark. Tune in to this article to learn how to get verified on facebook†
You don’t have to be a celebrity to get verified on Facebook to be true. As harsh as that sounds, all you need to do is qualify for all of the criteria Facebook offers and you’ll be verified in no time.
If you want to learn more about the process, scroll a little and find out all about how to get verified on Facebook. Make sure to leave your valuable comments below this post.
Basic rules for getting verified on Facebook in 2022
Getting your Facebook account verified can be a difficult step, just like getting verified on Instagram. Facebook is strict about selecting accounts that are authentic and unique. This means that if you don’t fit the criteria, it will be difficult. There is no need to be sad. Follow the rules and be the next to get a verified badge.
Also read How to change your name on Facebook | Update a new name now
1. Authentic Facebook Page
You want to make sure that the Facebook page you want is authentic and genuine. It cannot be a celebrity fan page or a meme page.
Authentication is a big problem. So the Facebook Page you want to be verified must represent a real brand, company or person. To make sure you’re a real person or brand, Facebook will ask you for proof of identity (if you’re a public figure) or a registered document (if you’re a small brand or company). This is the first step to learn how to get verified on Facebook.
Also read How to use Facebook Messenger for Business | Best engaging tool
2. Pass all checks
What does Facebook mean by completeness when it says that the completeness of the Facebook page matters for verification?
Here’s what it means:
In order for a Facebook page to be verified, it has to go through some checks. It takes into account the following checks (to be mentioned in full).
- Does your Facebook page have a valid profile picture or not?
- If the page has a cover photo?
- Your Facebook page has at least one post or not?
- Is your organic section well stocked or not?
Also read How to Build a Facebook Page for Business in 7 Easy Steps
3. Audience Engagement and Online Presence
The most essential thing about the Facebook page you are trying to verify is that it must be in the public interest, i.e. people must search for it.
Your Facebook page must belong to a well-known brand or entity. When Facebook reviews your page, the appearance of the page matters and ensures that the page is not promoted by paying money. And if so, then this is a wrong impression and reduces your chances of getting verified.
Your organic presence plays a big part in getting you verified. So if your page has been in the news and popular, it will give you a huge boost.
Also read How to create a Facebook location page?
4. Your Facebook page must be unique
Who doesn’t like to be unique and look at unique things?
Well, the same goes for Facebook verification and the account you bring up for verification.
The page or brand for which you are requesting verification must be unique to the users. So don’t make the mistake of requesting verifications for two accounts for the same brand or representing the same authority. You might think that this increases your chances of being verified, but unfortunately this is not the case.
So there can’t be two Shawn Mendes, no two Brad Pitts and… no two you (if you get verified).
Also read How to see who viewed your Facebook profile in 2022? 5 hacks to try!
How will you get verified on Facebook in 2022?
Follow the steps below to learn how to get verified on Facebook. You will basically ask Facebook for your the Verified Facebook Badge† It takes about 30 days for them to process your request.
- go to you Facebook profile and look for the three-line menu bar in the upper right corner.
- Tap the “Profile Settings”, then further “Account” and then further “Request Verification”.
- A form appears. Fill in the form. It includes your username, your full name, and a photo of the government-issued ID photo that your . displays name & date of birth
- Tap on Submit the application.
- That is it!
Also read 5 Best Ways and Tools for Finding Facebook Email | Easily find emails
How will you get verified on Facebook in 2022?
What are the different types of verification badges on Facebook?
Unlike Instagram and other social networks, Facebook has made a distinction in authentication. Facebook keeps its uniqueness and has different badges. Two to be exact – a blue verification badge and a gray verification badge.
What is a blue verification badge on Facebook?
A blue verification badge is to ensure that you are a public figure or that page belongs to a read public persona and the same goes for the brands and companies.
Also read How to know if someone has blocked you on Facebook | 3 basic steps
What is a gray verification badge on Facebook?
A gray verification badge is for small businesses/brands or organizations. So if you are a small business or organization, congratulations! You can opt for a Blue Verification Badge.
Expert advice on how to get verified on Facebook
Leave it all behind and focus on the following dos and don’ts as advised by the experts themselves on How to Get Verified on Facebook.
Here are at least five things you need to do to guarantee your verification badge.
- Make the most of your content. to compromise on that may be the compromise in verification.
- Engage your audience to know what they want.
- Use the insights and analytics to see what works best for you.
- Promotion isn’t bad, but achieving organically is a big head start.
- Be visible on relevant pages and groups so your audience knows you exist as a unique entity or brand.
Also read 5 Best Ways to Recover Deleted Facebook Account (2022)
- Don’t ignore the negative feedback. it is important and makes you better.
- Not knowing what your audience wants and not creating according to what they want.
- Fewer and inconsistent postings. your average post frequency should be 2-3 publicly relevant posts.
- People are begging to like your Facebook page
- Overuse and abuse of hashtags and adding multiple call-to-action buttons. this confuses the reader/audience.
Also read How to Get Verified on Snapchat: Expert Tips
That was all about this article on “Getting Verified on Facebook in 2022: Top Advice from Experts”. If you found it helpful, start the process right away. Go to your Facebook account and get the blue Facebook verification badge.