All the social media apps out there keep their users hooked by systematically introducing new features. On June 28, 2018, Instagram announced the launch of Instagram Stories, a brand new feature. This feature allows the user to: Add music to your Instagram story.
A photo, collage or video always gets better with a layer of music on it. Music is one of the few factors that allows people to connect more deeply with each other. It is the deepest expression of one’s feelings or emotions. Even Instagram claims that adding music to the stories makes the community feel closer to their friends and family.
Instagram allows you to choose from a plethora of music in terms of songs from their well-built gallery. Every day they add new songs, making the user experience even better. Besides choosing a song of your choice from their gallery, you can also choose songs from music streaming services like Spotify, SoundCloud, Shazam, etc. If you don’t know how to do that, let me help you with this sweet and simple guide.
How do you add music to your Instagram story?
Instagram offers several ways that you can add music or songs to your Instagram story. But one of the easiest ways to do this is through Instagram itself. Below I will explain some other ways to help you through the process.
Also read Meme Alert! Little Miss Memes on Instagram is the new cool now
How do you add music to your story via music sticker?
This is one of the easiest ways you can Add music to your Instagram story. This is done by what is called known ‘Music sticker’. Here are the steps:
- Login to your Instagram account.
- Swipe left or tap the (+) icon in the top left corner of the circle around your profile picture. Take a photo/video or add an already existing photo/video to your gallery. You can add music to the same later
- Once that’s done, Scroll up on your screen and tap the music sticker displayed.
- A list of songs opens, divided into: For you and Browse categories. You can choose what you like.
- You can now hear the song playing in the background. You can also customize the song stripe and choose any part of the song to play in the background.
- You can also choose whether you want the lyrics to accompany the song or just a sticker with the song name.
- You can also hide the song sticker by dragging it to any corner.
- Now adjust the filters if desired and then upload the message.
Also read How to watch Instagram Live | Watch IG videos 3 different ways
How do you add music to your Instagram story via Spotify?
You can also Add music to your Instagram story through one of the famous music streaming apps; Spotify. Follow the options below:
- open you Spotify app and choose the song you want to add to your Instagram story.
- Choose the part option displayed in the bottom right corner.
- Choose the ‘stories option’ displayed with the Instagram logo.
- Your Instagram story page will display the song logo.
- Adjust the number accordingly and apply a filter if necessary. And upload!
The viewers can tap on the song logo and it will redirect them to the Spotify app.
Also read Why search on Instagram doesn’t work? Here’s How To Fix It
How do you add music to your Instagram story via SoundCloud?
Soundcloud essentially behaves the same when it comes to sharing songs from SoundCloud via Instagram. Here is Add music to your Instagram story via SoundCloud.
- Open the Soundcloud app on your device.
- Choose a song or find the song you want to upload.
- Tap on the share option from the bottom strip.
- Tap on stories and the Instagram story popup page will be displayed.
- Adjust the size and apply the filters if you want. And upload!
Like Spotify, the song will not play in the background if uploaded from the SoundCloud app. It redirects the viewer to the Soundcloud app to play the song.
Also read How to fix Instagram upside down in 2022 | Best solutions for roles, story, messages and photo
Music is by far the most impressive way to connect with different people. Adding music to your stories will instantly take them to the next level and make them look and sound interesting and fun to work with. I hope the methods I have mentioned will help you to add the music to your Instagram stories effectively. Let me know in the comments!
How do you add music to Instagram story without the sticker?
You can drag the sticker to the corner until it disappears. But make sure you don’t drag it to the lower middle section as it will be deleted and you will have to start over.
Why can’t I add music to my Instagram story?
You must be using an older version of Instagram. Try updating the app and try again. If you’re trying to add a particular song and it doesn’t happen, the song may not be available in the Instagram library. The possible reason for this is that the song is not that famous or is a new release. Choose another number or wait a while.
Can I add music to my Instagram posts?
Of course you can! Simply select the image for your post, add a filter if desired, then tap next. At the bottom of the list you will find the option to add music, just below tag people and add location. Tap it and dial the number. Customize the lyrics and choose any part of the lyrics you want. When you’re done, tap next and upload the message.