Snapchat is fun until you forget the password. We never write down a password when we create one. We never even worry about passwords as long as we have access to the app. Now you don’t have to worry even if you forgot your password. You just have to learn it how to change your snapchat password and you will never mess up your account again.
I once accidentally dropped my phone and destroyed my display. I had to buy a new phone. But the sad thing was not. I had to type ‘Forgot your password’ on all my apps and it wasn’t fun. Believe me! Having a strong password is better for security, but keep it in mind or write it down.
Snapchat is a multimedia application with strict security patterns. You can’t walk over and request a password change without having information associated with that Snapchat account. Since you finally got to me, I want to walk you through the process of “How do you change your Snapchat password?”
How to Change Your Snapchat Password?
For fear that we might forget, some of us will use the same password for everything, including Wi-Fi, and most of our friends may be able to access our Wi-Fi. It’s easier to crack a password if it’s just your name, birthday, or other publicly available information.
Also read How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories on iPhone and Android?
If you want to change your Snapchat password for any of the reasons mentioned or unknown, this is the sign of the universe to do it. Only try this if you remember your current password.
- Go to ‘snap chat’ on your phone.
- Tap your ‘profile picture icon in the top left corner of your phone.
- Click on the ‘Institutions’ in the top right corner of your phone.
- Select the ‘Password’ category.
- Enter your current password and click on ‘Get on’.
- Type your ‘New password’ in the mentioned column.
- click on ‘Save’.
Here’s how to change your Snapchat password. What if you can’t remember the current password? Read more. We’ll go into “How to reset your Snapchat password” next.
Also read How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Account in 2022: A Good Guide
How to reset your Snapchat password?
As we stare at the login page without knowing the password, we know we’re screwed. Don’t worry as long as you have your phone number or access to your email. You can choose your email or your phone number to reset your Snapchat password. The only formality is that this email address or phone number must be associated with your Snapchat account.
How To Reset Your Snapchat Password With Email?
You may have lost or changed your phone number. But if you can still access your email associated with Snapchat, follow these steps to reset your Snapchat password.
- Crane ‘Forgot your password?‘ displayed below the login columns.
- Select ‘Via email†
- You will receive a link to your email to reset your password.
- click on the link or copy and paste it into the browser.
- Enter one new password in the instructed column.
Also read How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages | Hacks to know in 2022
How to reset your Snapchat password with a phone number?
Some of us still have the same phone number and log in with it everywhere. Because a verification code sent to the phone is much easier than checking email and copying and pasting URLs. In that case, follow these instructions,
- Crane ‘Forgot your password?‘ on the login page under the login columns.
- Select ‘By text or call†
- A ‘Verification code’ will be sent to your number via message or by calling.
- Enter the verification code.
- Select ‘Get on†
- Enter ‘New password†
Also read How to Edit a Shortcut on Snapchat 2022?
Why can’t I change my Snapchat password?
You have successfully changed your Snapchat password. Snapchat does not allow you to change or reset your passwords under certain conditions.
- You do not know the e-mail address or telephone number provided.
- You do not have access to your email or phone number.
- When you provide email or a phone number that is not associated with the Snapchat account.
How do you create a strong password?
Snapchat recommends passwords of at least 8 characters. Other common instructions to create a strong password and keep it secure include:
- Never use your name, date of birth, age or personal information in the password (it is very vulnerable).
- Add symbols and numbers to the password.
- Do not use the same password for everything.
- Write your password down somewhere safe.
- Use a password manager to store your passwords.
Also read How to Change Username on Snapchat | Set a cool name
We’ve covered all the details about ‘How do you change your Snapchat password?’. You don’t have to worry about losing your Snapchat anymore. I swore an oath to use a password manager after I lost my phone. Let us know in the comments what works best for you.
Until then, ‘Good trip’…
Frequently Asked Questions
Why won’t Snapchat let me reset my password?
Snapchat won’t let you reset your password if you don’t have the associated email or phone number.
How do you change your Snapchat password?
You will find the ‘Password’ section in your settings. Type your ‘Current password‘ and get access to type a ‘New password†
How can I log into Snapchat without email?
Open the login page. Click on ‘Forgot your password† and reset your password’By text/call†