Despite the need to interact face-to-face, Facebook is a great option for meeting new people. You are trying to get all the knowledge about your loved ones on social media so it has now become an essential part of everyone’s life. However, this indicates that Facebook has become a target for spammers. You’ve even been in situations where strangers were constantly looking at your page or uninvited people copied your profile pictures to create fraudulent accounts. To overcome this situation, learn How to Lock Your Facebook Profile on iPhone.
Facebook is built with so many advanced features that let you have more control over your Facebook account. The recently introduced new feature to lock your Facebook profile is just amazing. This feature is pretty great for people who just want to completely protect their Facebook account from hackers.
If you want to know more about how to lock Facebook profile on iPhone, go through my whole article and get all the information here. Let’s get started and continue to enjoy the secure experience on the Facebook platform.
How to Lock Facebook Profile on iPhone | 3 methods:
Profile Lock is a recent security feature that Facebook has launched. Anyone can restrict access to their account to anyone who is not a Facebook friend. Those who are not on your friends list will not be allowed to see your account once it is locked. Spammers or hackers cannot save your profile and cover images. They simply should also not be allowed to see any photos or messages that have been taken.
Also read How to recover a hacked Facebook account | 3 solutions
No one can access the stories you’ve added to your profile. Similarly, the Lock Profile option changes the status from general to friend from previous posts. The timeline and tag ratings are enabled. Your Facebook friends will need to obtain your consent before they can tag you in posts. Furthermore, only a small part of your personal data would be available to everyone.
How to Lock Facebook Profile on iPhone?
Let’s see how to lock your Facebook profile on iPhone, see the steps below-
- Click on your profile in the Facebook app.
- In addition +Add story, click the button with the three dots.
- Lock the profile by pressing the Lock button.
- See the brief explanation for more information about this feature. Finally, press the Lock your profile icon.
How to Lock Facebook Profile on Browser?
To lock your Facebook profile in the browser, follow the steps below:
- Open the Facebook account at Safari, Chrome or Firefox.
- Change WWW with m on the search bar.
- Click Enter.
- Now you will see the mobile version of Facebook in the browser.
- Next to Edit Profile, tap three dots.
- Tap Lock profile.
- Finally, tap Lock your profile.
Also read How to see who viewed your Facebook profile in 2022? 5 hacks to try!
How to Lock Facebook Profile on iPhone through Alternative Ways?
There are also alternative ways to lock your Facebook profiles on iPhone. To do this, follow a number of steps.
- View the Privacy Checkup on Facebook.
- Choose who you share messages, photos, and other information with.
- Change basic information and choose who can see it.
- Change the story’s privacy settings.
- Enable profile rating.
- Enable tag review.
- Enable profile picture monitoring.
- Decide who can be your friend and follow you.
- Keep an eye on the email address or mobile phone number.
Thus, the above three steps helped me to know how to lock Facebook profile on iPhone and browser.
Also read How do you know if someone has unfollowed you on Facebook?
To enjoy a safe experience on the Facebook platform, you can protect your account from hackers or spammers. Feel free to share the article with your friends and tell them how to lock your Facebook profile on iPhone. Share your thoughts in the comments section if you find the article helpful. Stay tuned for all exciting updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is the Facebook Lock feature not available on iPhone?
If the Facebook Lock feature is not available on iPhone, make sure you have updated the Facebook application or check the availability of this feature in your area. Even if you don’t have friends on Facebook, the lock feature is not available.
How to Lock Facebook Profiles on Android?
To lock Facebook profile on Android, go to Facebook app>Click on Profile>Click on the three dots icon next to Add to Story option>Click on Lock Profile.
How to unlock Facebook profile?
To unlock a Facebook profile, go to the Facebook application>Tap your profile picture>Tap the three dots icon>Tap the Unlock Profile icon.
How can I lock my Facebook profile?
1. Click on your profile in the Facebook app.
2. By the way +Add story, click the button with the three dots.
3. Lock the profile by pressing the Lock button.
See the brief explanation for more information about this feature.
4. Finally, press the Lock your profile icon.