Messenger is one of the best instant messaging apps of the social media platform. It is still one of the most famous platforms to have fun and chat with friends. When the messenger app was introduced, it was just a simple chat application, and as people added their contacts to their phone, their messenger list also increased. But to check the list we need to know how do you remove someone from messenger?
The app has adapted itself a lot and they have introduced a newer version of the messenger app. The new version allows you to have video chats, voice messages and gifs. And the most amazing thing is that all of this is free. So you have so much to gain from messenger.
Therefore, we must not tolerate unwanted messages or include people in our group who disturb us with inconvenient messages.
How to remove someone from Messenger?
Removing someone from Messenger is not an easy task. You cannot click the delete button and remove someone from the messenger. It’s a little hard, but we’ve found a way for you so that you don’t have to go through this pain. So follow our steps as mentioned below.
1. Launch Messenger on your phone
2. Log in to the app.
3. Click the People icon.
4. Click on the contacts icon.
5. Your phone’s contact list is synced with your Messenger.
6. Go to contacts you want to delete.
7. Click on the info icon.
8. Click the Message button.
9. Open chat.
10. Click the info icon again.
11. Click the block button to stop receiving messages from the contact.
That is it! It is so easy to learn how to remove someone from Messenger.
Also read How to visit Facebook Marketplace without a Facebook account?
How to remove someone from a Messenger group chat?
If you want to remove the contacts from your Messenger group chat, refer to the process below.
1. Launch Messenger on your phone.
2. Go to Messenger group.
3. Select the Members icon.
4. Select the profile you want to delete.
5. Click on the “remove from group” option in the profile.
That was another way to learn how to remove someone from Messenger.
Also read How to Post a Secret Message Link on Facebook in 6 Easy Steps
How To Remove All Non-Friends From Messenger?
There is no easy way to remove a non-friend from Messenger. Unfortunately, you have to block them to stop receiving messages from them.
1. Launch Messenger on your phone.
2. Click on the people icon.
3. Click on contact list.
4. Select the contact you want to block.
5. Tap the info icon and then the “Message” button.
6. Click the info icon.
7. Tap the Block option to stop receiving messages permanently.
Also read Hide likes on Facebook | New privacy controls on Facebook
How to delete someone on messenger by unfriending them?
The best and safest way to remove someone from a messenger is to unfriend them from your Facebook account. If they’re not on your friends list, they’ll never be able to message you again. So, to proceed with the method, refer to the steps below.
1. Launch the Messenger app on your phone.
2. Click on the “People” tab.
3. Go to the contact list.
4. Select the person you want to remove from Messenger.
5. Click on the profile you want to unfriend.
6. Go to “View profile” and click.
7. Under their name, go to “View profile on Facebook”.
8. Click the Friends button on their Facebook page.
9. Select the “Unfriend” option.
10. Confirm the action.
Also read How to know if someone has blocked you on Facebook | 3 basic steps
As we end this article, let me share with you that all of the methods below have been tested and are relatively easy to follow. So follow the steps and learn how to remove someone from Messenger. We also provide you with similar hacks for your social media platform on our website.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you remove someone from Messenger?
If you want to remove someone from Messenger, you have to follow a few simple steps to do the same. Though it is not easy to remove someone but with a process, it would become easy.
Can I unfriend someone to remove them from my messenger?
Yes, you can unfriend someone to remove them from your messenger.
Can I remove someone from the messenger group chat?
Yes, you can remove someone from the messenger group chat.