Have you been banned from TikTok? Perhaps your account has been flagged for inappropriate content or you have been caught using a bot. Whatever the reason, it is frustrating not to be able to access your account. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to get removed from TikTok. So here I will tell you how to cancel your TikTok account!
TikTok was introduced in 2016 and quickly became one of the most widely used social apps and video platforms worldwide. As of now, it has more than 1 billion active users around the world. It is the number one app for short videos; after all, it is the pioneer in the field.
Like any other social networking site, TikTok adheres to its own set of guidelines and standards to maintain an enjoyable and safe atmosphere for all users. The site will ban you if you repeatedly break the rules of the community. While it’s hard to get the banned account back if it’s permanent, here are some steps to give it a shot. Let’s see how to cancel your TikTok account in few simple and authentic steps.
How do you get your TikTok account undone?
If you got hit with the banhamer on TikTok, don’t despair – there is a way to undo your account. By following these steps, filing an appeal with TikTok, and being patient, you will increase your chances of recovering your account. TikTok has a strict policy against spamming, so if you send too many messages or engage in other spam behavior, your account will be banned. To avoid this, make sure you don’t go against the platform’s stated standards.
There are two kinds of prohibitions. One of them is a kind of warning. It happens when you’ve broken a rule for the first time or when your violation isn’t as serious as the ones that led to the permanent ban.
Then comes the permanent TikTok account ban. It happens for two reasons:
1. You are a minor.
2. You have committed a serious violation of the Anti-TikTok Community Guidelines.
Both bans are subject to appeal and both can happen incorrectly due to errors made by the TikTok servers. Let’s see how to cancel your TikTok account in both situations.
Also read How To Get Sponsored On TikTok: Here Are The 5 Best Hacks (2022)
How can you undo your temporarily banned TikTok account?
Under the temporary ban you get a ban for a certain period. However, you can access your account in the meantime. You can watch videos normally. But you can’t upload content, comment on other people’s posts, or edit your account. This kind of warning and ban period will return to normal once the ban or suspension ends. But if you think TikTok has been watching you in error, you can appeal to restore your account to normal status. Here’s how to cancel your TikTok account by filing an appeal with TikTok.
- Press Profile icon after opening the TikTok app on your smartphone.
- Choose the three horizontal lines symbol in the top right corner.
- Tap Report a problem after scrolling down on Settings and privacy.
- Select the Profile page by clicking Account and profilethen Other.
- Then choose Need more help.
- Tap Appeal or Report after creating and deleting your points in the appropriate field.
- Wait for a good response from the Help & Support team. Do not worry; it will eventually recover itself after the ban period is over. Provided you don’t break any other rule.
Also read How to Pin Comments on TikTok: All Methods Explained
How can you undo your permanently banned TikTok account?
If your account has been permanently banned, it could be for two reasons: you are a minor or you have repeatedly broken rules. However, many users recently received this welcome message on their TikTok accounts: “Your account has been permanently banned due to multiple violations of our Community Guidelines”.
I know what you’re looking for! Let’s dive in and see how to cancel your TikTok account if it is a permanent account.
Let me be clear if you have actually violated the TikTok guidelines and that it is nearly impossible to undo your account on purpose. Yes, you have to accept that you are permanently banned from TikTok.
How to contact TikTok about permanently banned account
If you believe that your permanent TikTok ban is based on injustice and is incorrect, you can contact the TikTok support team and appeal the ban. Here’s How To Contact Tiktok About A Banned Account – Finally!
- Open TikTok on your smart phone.
- Click on the message that reads “Your account has been permanently banned. If you think this was a mistake, you can appeal.”
- Select Appeal.
- follow the on-screen instructions.
- Give your concern and Request TikTok to investigate your case. I will advise you to look at the selection of your words. Yes, they should be humble, but your tune should be authoritative and sincere.
- Patience is the key. After reviewing your objection, TikTok will determine whether your account will be reinstated.
Also Read How To Fix TikTok No Internet Connection | 6 solutions to your network problem on TikTok
Things To Do If You’re Permanently Banned From TikTok
Yes, you need to contact TikTok and file an appeal to cancel your account. I have already mentioned how to contact TikTok about a blocked account. Here’s an important step to follow. Whether you think your account will be canceled or not. You must rely on a copy of your banned TikTok account. Here’s how to get a copy of your TikTok account information.
If you are a minor, you have the right to access your account at any time up to 113 days after the ban to retrieve your account information. If you don’t contact them during this time, you will lose your data – videos, messages and more – completely permanently. Here is how to contact TikTok about a blocked account and its data.
- Tap Profile at the bottom of the TikTok app.
- Press the top positioned Menu knob.
- Select Privacy and Settings.
- Tap Download your data after selecting Manage account.
- Tap Date request.
You will receive a notification to your registered email address or number within a few days. Tap the link, follow the instructions and download your data.
If you are not a minor and your account has been permanently banned, please follow these steps to get your information.
- Open TikTok on your smartphone.
- Tap on the message that reads “Your account has been permanently banned. If you believe this was a mistake, you can appeal.”
- Select Objection.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Report your concern and ask TikTok to let you download your data.
- Within a few days you will receive a message to the registered telephone or e-mail address. Click on the link, follow the instructions and get your details.
Also Read How To Speed Up Images On TikTok With 5 Easiest Steps (2022)
See how to cancel your TikTok account
Hope you learned how to cancel your TikTok account and other related stuff. If your account has not been deactivated, create a new one, let your followers and friends know about the new account and enjoy TikTok again. But be vigilant, don’t repeat why you lost your previous account.
For more hacks, tips and tricks, visit Path of EX.