It is quite difficult to keep up with the quick updates on any of the social media platforms. Instagram has over 1 billion monthly active users. It has progressed quite quickly in creating a user-friendly interface for its users. The updates and how those updates imply can be overwhelming, but don’t worry, I’m here to help! If you’re here to know, How to unread messages on Instagramkeep reading!
You may have accidentally read a post you shouldn’t have read, and now you’re wondering how to get that post unread on Instagram. Or, like any other app, the unread feature is available for Instagram. Stay with us to know, How to unread messages on Instagram.
How to unread posts on Instagram in 2022?
So there is no definitive feature of unreading your posts on Instagram. However, if your account is a business or creator account, you can unread a post on Instagram.
If you don’t have a business or creator account, the message sender may see a “seen” notification. However, you can still leave the message unread.
Meta has an unread post feature on Facebook but has not introduced the definitive unread post feature for Instagram. To unread a post on Instagram, you need to follow the methods below.
Also read Why Instagram roles not working and how to fix in 2022? [Solved]
1. How to unread messages on Instagram by switching account type on Instagram
You can transfer your personal account to a business or creator account and unread the posts on Instagram. To do this, follow the given steps.
- launch Instagram on your phone.
- Tap you profile picture icon.
- Click on the three horizontal lines icon on your profile page.
- In the pop-up menu, tap the Settings choice.
- Press Account on the settings page.
- click on Switching to Professional Account choice.
- You have to answer a few questions and after 20-30 seconds you will be asked: Are you a creator page?
- On the page, select which account type you want to switch to.
- Make sure the process of switching to a Creator or Business account is completed.
- Now you can use the function unread messages, on your Instagram account.
Also read How to turn on face and hand effects on Instagram in 2022? A simple guide
2. How to unread messages on Instagram by using the restriction mode on the Instagram user
You can restrict an Instagram user whose post you want unread to do so by following the steps below.
1. Launch Instagram on your desired device.
2. Find a user whose message you want unread.
3. Go to the users profile pageand click the three horizontal dots icon on the profile page.
4. A popup menu will appear.
5. Tap limit option over there.
6. The user’s access to your account is restricted and the messages the user sends will appear in the General inbox.
7. You will not be notified when the user notifies you; it depends if you read their message or not.
Also read How to know if someone has restricted you on Instagram in 2022
3. How to unread messages on Instagram by unread messages on Instagram mobile app
You can Unread messages on Instagram mobile app by following the given steps.
- launch Instagram on your mobile.
- Click on the Messenger tab in the right corner of the page.
- In your DMs, select the message you want unread.
- Long press on the username whose message you want unread.
- A pop-up page will appear.
- Tap on Mark as unread of the page.
Remark: This method only works for a business or creator account.
You may have accidentally read a post that you shouldn’t have read, and now you’re wondering how to get that particular post on Instagram unread. Or, like any other app, it’s the unread feature available for Instagram. Know, How to unread messages on Instagramread the whole article and share it with your friends!
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Instagram have an unread post option?
No, Instagram does not have a definitive option for unread posts.
How can I unread a post on Instagram?
You can unread a post on Instagram by switching to a business or creator account.
How do you switch to a business or creator account on Instagram?
You can switch to a business or creator account by following the steps in the article.