In 2016, TikTok was released, an app that brought the concept of content creation to the mainstream. Within four years, TikTok had a user base of 3 billion. When you have such a large number of users, you need to give them a way to stay connected. To do this, TikTok allows you to comment and message other users. But a lot of people don’t know how to message someone on TikTok.
TikTok was created with the idea of appealing to the masses. And it served its purpose! An app where you can make videos and see what others have made. An app that allows you to be as creative as you want. This idea attracted a lot of people and led to the addition of large numbers of users on a monthly basis.
TikTok is a user-friendly app, but it takes some getting used to. It offers you the functions of creating videos, following your favorite creators and making duet videos with them. It allows you to message people directly or reply to their messages. If you are a new user and wondering how to message someone on TikTok, let me be your guide.
Direct message on TikTok
TikTok lets you connect with other creators from all over the world. You can like their videos and comment on their posts to contact them. However, all of these options are public and whatever you type can be viewed by anyone. There are times when you would like to message someone on TikTok, but you want to do it privately. For this you can dstraight away msend them a message.
Also read How to Transfer TikTok Drafts to Another Phone: 5 Easy Steps
TikTok gives you three options to set up for the direct messages. This allows you to decide who can message you and who can’t. Following are the DM options that TikTok offers:
- Everyone: With this option enabled, any user you follow on TikTok can send you a message.
- friends: This option limits the number of people who can message you directly. Only the users you ‘follow’ back can send you messages.
- Nobody: If you enable this option, no one on TikTok will be able to message you, even if they follow you.
Also Read How To View Private TikTok Accounts: Follow 4 Easy Methods
How to message someone on TikTok using the Inbox icon?
One of the ways to message someone on TikTok is to use the inbox option. Here’s how you can do that:
- Open the TikTok App†
- Click on the inbox icon at the bottom you will be redirected to the activity page
- Click on the direct messages icon in the top right corner
- You will see a list of people you follow
- Tap the name of the person you want to message.
You are ready to go!
Also read How to use TikTok | 9 easy steps to turn you into a pro
How to message someone on TikTok through their profile?
The other option to message someone on TikTok is through their profile. Here’s how you can do that:
- Open the TikTok app.
- Go to the profile of the person you want to message
- Click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner
- You get a lot of options. Select ‘To send a message’†
- You can now message them.
Also read How To Use TikTok Promote To Blast Your Reach Like A Bomb
TikTok is a great way to connect with people through your talent and creativity. You can use it to connect with people all over the world. You can message people, but there are some limitations to this feature. You are only allowed to message someone if you have met all the conditions in TikTok’s policy.
So be sure to follow all Community Guidance to improve your experience on TikTok!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I message someone on TikTok without a phone number?
You cannot message anyone on TikTok if you have not registered your phone number. You need a phone number to access all features of the app.
If you have already registered your number and still can’t send a message contact TikTok Support Team for assistance.
Can I prevent only one person from messaging me?
No, you can’t stop just one person from messaging you. You can completely disable your Messaging feature by selecting the ‘Nobody’ option. This prevents anyone from messaging you.
However, you can block someone’s account if you don’t want to receive messages from that person.
Why can’t I send a message on TikTok?
There can be 3 reasons for this:
1. You have not registered your number with the app.
2. The person you are trying to message may only message their ‘friends’
3. You are under 16 years old. (TikTok won’t let you use the Direct Messaging option if you’re under 16.)