Snapchat is an ephemeral messaging platform that allows a user to connect with their friends through the app. The intricacies with which Snapchat works are not known to everyone. There are many terminologies, icons, and colors on Snapchat that can confuse a user. In this article I tell you, What does receive mean on snapchat.
As an active Snapchat member, a user must be aware of the different Snapchat statuses on the platform. The colors and unique icons on the Snapchat statuses represent different meanings. So, without further ado, let’s dig deeper to learn more about different Snapchat message statuses and what received means on Snapchat.
What does receiving on Snapchat mean?
Have you seen the term Received in your Snapchat messages and don’t know what it means? Do not worry! I will explain everything related to it.
The term Received on Snapchat means that the user received a message that someone sent. But the message being sent has yet to be opened or replied to. It should be noted that a message can be a text message, audio or even a snap can be recorded.
In simple language, the Received on Snapchat status appears when you receive a message from a user on Snapchat. There are several received symbols on Snapchat; when a user receives a snap or a message on Snapchat, a solid square appears. There are different colored squares representing different things; in this article, i will decipher the meanings.
Also read What Does the X Mean on Snapchat (2023) | How to Delete ‘Grey X’ on Snapchat?
Different colors receive status mean on snapchat
There are three different colored squares that a user can receive on Snapchat.
- Solid Red Square: It means that a user has received a photo Snap.
- Solid purple square: This means that a user has received a video snap.
- Solid blue square: This means that a user has received an SMS.
Also read What does the purple circle mean on Snapchat | Truth behind the purple ring
Difference Between “Sent” “Delivered”, “Received” and “Opened” on Snapchat
There are four different types of message icons on Snapchat. The four different icons are Sent, Delivered, Received, and Opened.
Sent icons on Snapchat
There are several color-coded arrow icons for sent messages on Snapchat. The term Sent on Snapchat means that your message was sent to your desired other user, but the user did not open your snap.
- Fixed red arrow: It means that a user has sent a photo Snap.
- Solid purple arrow: This means that a user has sent a video snap.
- Fixed blue arrow: This means that a user has sent an SMS.
Also Read Snapchat Charms List & Their Meanings! [Updated 2023]
Provided icons on Snapchat
There are several color-coded delivered message arrow icons on Snapchat. Delivered simply means that the message you sent is received and opened by the other user.
- Hollow red arrow: The hollow red arrow on Snapchat means the recipient has opened your photo Snap.
- Hollow purple arrow: The hollow purple arrow on Snapchat means the recipient opened your video snap.
- Hollow blue arrow: The hollow blue arrow on Snapchat means the recipient opened your text message.
Also Read What Does A Lock Mean On Snapchat Story & Everything About Private Story On Snapchat!
Icons opened on Snapchat
Open on Snapchat has three differently colored hollow square icons. The term Opened on Snapchat indicates that the message sent to you has been opened by you.
- Hollow Red Square: Hollow Red Square means that a user has opened a photo Snap.
- Hollow purple square: Hollow Purple Square means that a user has opened a video snap.
- Hollow Blue Square: Hollow Blue Square means that a user has opened a text message.
Also Read What Do Emojis Mean On Snapchat? Beginner’s Guide In 2023
Screenshot and replayed icons on Snapchat
There are several sets of screenshots and replay icons on Snapchat. In the guide below, I will tell you about screenshots and replay icons on Snapchat.
Screenshot icons on Snapchat
The screenshot icon is a hollow arrow that indicates that the other user has taken a screenshot of your snap. The different screenshot icons on Snapchat are as follows:
- Pair of hollow red arrow: This means that the recipient of your snap has taken a screenshot of your photo snap.
- Pair of Hollow Purple Arrow: It means that the recipient of your snap took a screenshot of your video snap.
- Pair of hollow blue arrow: This means that the recipient of your snap took a screenshot of your text message.
Also Read Can Snapchat Detect Screen Recording: Get Answer With Proof Here!
Replayed icons on Snapchat
The replay icons on Snapchat mean that the recipient of your snaps has replayed your snap. The different replay icons on Snapchat are as follows:
- Red repeat icon: This means that the recipient of your snap has replayed your photo snap.
- Purple repeat icon: It means that the recipient of your snap has replayed your video snap.
Also Read How To Know If Someone Blocked You On Snapchat 2023: Basic Ideas
The gray color icons
The gray color icons, whether it is the gray arrow or the gray box icon, can be seen for two reasons.
1. The person you added as a friend, but you didn’t send a snap, video, or chat. You will see a chat box icon in such chats
2. The person is not on your list or has recently deleted you.
More icons and statuses on Snapchat
There are also more icons and statuses. Let me call their names.
1. Supplied: It means your snap or chat has been sent.
2. Opened: It means your chat or snap is open. But not responded yet.
3. Call Icon: It means you missed a call or your call was missed. Things get hollow when your recipients view your missed calls.
4. Tap to chat: It’s a gray icon motivating you to chat with a friend you haven’t shared anything with yet.
Snapchat is known for its user-friendly updates to keep up with the needs of its young audience. There are different terminologies for Snapchat status on the platform. To know, about different Snapchat message statuses, their meaning and What does receive mean on snapchat, read the whole article and share it with your friends. Visit Path of EX for all things trending!
Frequently Asked Questions
What does receiving on Snapchat mean?
Received on Snapchat means you received the message someone sent on Snapchat. But the message being sent has yet to be opened or replied to.
What Do Hollow and Filled Icons Mean on Snapchat Messages?
The hollow icons indicate that a conversation or notification has been opened or viewed by the recipient, while the solid icons mean that it has not yet been opened or received.
What Do Different Colors Mean on Snapchat Messages?
There are four colors:
1. Red represents snaps without sound.
2. Blue represents images, videos and chats. (Images and videos from the gallery).
3. Purple represents snaps with audio (videos with audio from Snapchat).
4. Gray indicates that you have not shared anything with the user or that you are no longer friends.