Want to know the difference between Viewed and Opened on Snapchat? Well, these two words have another mystery behind them. And that calls for a detailed guide. Snapchat comes with a lot of words like Seen/ Viewed/ Send/ Received/ Openedand each of them is a whole story.
Whether half opening the chat or viewing the snap in full; Snapchat can be used in many ways. Go through this article to know the difference between viewed and opened on Snapchat. Also find out what each color icon means to you on Snapchat.
What is the difference between viewed and opened on Snapchat?
The terms Viewed and Opened have different meanings on Snapchat. Here’s how the two words play an important role on the platform:
View icons in Snapchat
After you open a Snap or chat conversation, the square icon changes to a hollow one, showing that the message has been read correctly. If the icon changes:
- A hollow red square indicates that the snap or snaps without audio have been opened.
- A hollow purple square indicates that the snap or snaps with audio have been opened.
- A hollow blue square indicates the chat is open
- A hollow gray square simply indicates that the snap or a sent chat has expired.
Open icons in Snapchat:
After you get your snap or chat from a friend, you’ll see the Opened icon next to it. It comes up like a hollow arrow.
Check out what each of the Open icons on Snapchat means below:
- A hollow red arrow indicates that the snap has been opened without audio.
- A hollow purple arrow indicates that the module with audio is open.
- A hollow blue arrow indicates the chat is open
- A hollow green arrow indicates that the snap or a sent chat has expired.
Also read What does a lock on Snapchat story mean and how to create your own private story?
What does blue open mean on Snapchat?
The blue open icon simply means that your friend has opened your chat message.
Can you view a Snap without opening it?
In general, Snapchat shows the just opened icon when the app itself is opened.
After the user looks at that opened icon, it will remain in the open state after that. However, you will not be able to see when the snap was actually viewed.
The major difference between Viewed and Opened on Snapchat is that viewed shows up as the hollow red square and shows that the snap is being read very well. However, Open means that the user just opened that particular module.
Also read Dream Snapchat Photos | Reveal the face of your favorite YouTuber RN!
See the difference between viewed and opened on Snapchat
This was all about what the difference is between viewed and opened on Snapchat. Learn the difference and make Snapchat a safe and trusted place to be.
Path of EX is an open space. Come by if you are in doubt and we will contact you as soon as possible