Facebook has grown into little more than a platform for old friends. As old as they get, users still can’t contact Facebook directly to acknowledge their concerns, and they’re too pathetic to explain why some features don’t work properly. “This person is not available on Messenger” is a type of error that was not explained by the Facebook support center. Here we go nailing what ‘This person is not available on messenger’ means and how to fix it.
In April 2022, Facebook users worldwide experienced ‘Error code 2’ It prevented users from logging into their accounts, and some of them logged out of the platform automatically. In research, people found out that it’s a long-unsolved error that surfaced in 2017. When you receive this, the Facebook server is down and there is nothing to worry about on your end. There are several errors on Facebook, which remain unsolved or unexplained.
This person is not available on messenger error may indicate a list of problems. The first is that you cannot chat with them. But why you can’t chat with them is the second concern. Let’s learn more about what “This person is not available on Messenger” means and how to fix it in this article.
What does “This person is not available on Messenger” mean?
When you receive this message in a chat box, it means that you can no longer chat with that person. It is not due to system errors on your part. The other person may have blocked you, but that won’t be the only cause. Sometimes he has encountered some problems with his account. Let’s see what causes it.
Also read How to hide likes on Facebook | Keep control of postal activities
What causes ‘This person is not available on Messenger?’
There are a few common reasons for this message to appear on your Messenger. they can be,
- That person may have blocked you. He can block your messages and calls alone or block you on Facebook as a whole.
- The account must be deactivated or he may have deleted Messenger.
- Due to security violence, Facebook may have banned or suspended his account.
- The Facebook server has failed or Messenger has stopped working.
- The other person is not using Messenger on their phone.
- The account has been deleted.
- You may have blocked the person in the past.
These could all be scenarios for the “This person is not available on Messenger” popup. Sometimes, during the circumstances mentioned above, you may not specifically receive the “This person is not available on Messenger” error message. You will also see the ‘Failed to send the error’.
Also read How to change your name on Facebook | Update a new name now
How to fix ‘This person is not available on Messenger’ error on Facebook?
Since the error “This person is not available on Messenger” can occur for a number of reasons, it can be difficult to fix the error without knowing the exact reasons. So let’s take a look at the odds one by one.
1. Check if you have blocked that person
Chances are you accidentally blocked that person in the past. Let’s check that first
1. Go to ‘Settings and privacy.’
2. Tap ‘Settings.’
3. Click ‘To block.’
4. If you blocked the person, ‘Unblock’ it.
1. Go to ‘Settings and privacy.’
2. Tap ‘Settings.’
3. Select ‘Audience and visibility section.’
4. Tap ‘To block.’
5. ‘Unblock the user’ if his name is on the blocked list.
This is how you check whether you have blocked the person on Facebook or not.
Also read How to Lock Facebook Profile on iPhone | The easiest method
2. Check if that person is blocking you
You get the error “This person is not available on Messenger” when the user has blocked you on Facebook. We cannot detect this in the settings. But we can look for some hints to confirm it like,
- You may not invite him to a group.
- You can’t see their profile picture or messages.
- You won’t find them on the search function.
- They are no longer on your friends list.
- Check out Facebook memories with them. If you can still redirect to their profile from there, they haven’t blocked you.
Check these signs to know if they have blocked you or not.
3. The account has been suspended
If Facebook suspends the account, you may not be able to message him through Messenger. So make sure you don’t try to contact a suspended account holder.
Also read Using Scheduled Facebook Posts | Upload at the right time
4. Check whether the account is active or not
Sometimes the person deleted the Messenger or deactivated the account. If he has deactivated the account but is still using Messenger, you can find him using the search function.
5. Update or reinstall the application
Check for new updates or uninstall and reinstall the application to fix the “This person is not available on Messenger” error.
6. Connect to fast internet and try Facebook on the web version
Your bad internet connection can sometimes be the bad guy. So try Messenger after connecting to the super fast internet. Sometimes the problem must be with your mobile application so try switching to the Facebook web version to try and see what’s wrong.
7. Connect with the Facebook team
If the “This person is not available on Messenger” error exists after trying all the solutions above, please contact the Facebook team at [email protected]
Also read How to use Facebook Live Producer | Customize live streaming
When the audience is larger on a platform, the chance of errors is also high. Facebook has some common errors that have been left unaddressed or unexplained by the support team. “This person is not available on Messenger” is an error that is not included in the Facebook Support Center.
So here we discussed what ‘This person is not available on Facebook’ means and how to fix it. We hope you found this helpful. If you have more suggestions or solutions, let us know in the comments.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why can’t I find my friend’s Facebook profile?
There are several reasons for this. He may have blocked you or deactivated his account. If you are not friends on Facebook, try looking for his name with more specifics such as work, education and location.
2. What happens if someone blocks me on Messenger?
If someone has blocked you on Messenger, you won’t be able to call or message that person on Messenger, but you can still find their account on Facebook and view their messages.
3. What happens if I deactivate or delete my Facebook account?
If you have deleted or deactivated your Facebook account, your friends will no longer be able to contact you via Facebook. Your profile picture is not visible. After 30 days, Facebook will permanently deactivate your account. But it takes Facebook up to 3 months to delete a user’s information.