You were doing great with your TikTok, and suddenly your reach and likes seemed to dwindle one morning. You don’t have to sweat when guessing, you could have a shadow ban. You must be wondering what shadow ban is and how you got into this situation. Then this article is all you need to know about what TikTok Shadowban is.
If you are a TikToker, you must be familiar with the term ‘Shadow Ban’. It is normally the decreased engagement with your TikTok account due to TikTok directive violence. If you are a content creator, you need to ‘create’ the content. Copyright issues are one of the common reasons to get a shdow ban.
Knowing why you got a shadow ban is more important than knowing what a TikTok shadow ban is. This article can be your user guide for periodic checking. Scroll down to learn more about ‘What is TikTok Shadowban’.
What is TikTok Shadow Ban?
TikTok shadow ban occurs when TikTok unofficially limits your exposure to the content on the platform. TikTok has not issued any rules and regulations to prevent shadow bans as this practice has never been publicly approved by the app. You may be experiencing low reach and engagement with your TikTok. But you have to make sure it’s really shadow-banned. Sometimes you also lose your organic audience. In that case, understanding TikTok algorithms and creating engaging content can be helpful in getting back on track.
We call it a ‘shadow ban’ because we are not aware of this process like a normal ban.
- Reduced reach of your content.
- Your content will not appear in FYP.
- Sudden decrease in likes and reach.
Also read What Causes a TikTok Shadowban | Violations to avoid in 2022
What are the reasons for Shadowban on TikTok?
As we mentioned before, we have no specific proven reasons to justify it, as the shadow ban is not an approved practice by TikTok. But from research we have come to some conclusions.
- The main reason for shadowban is violating TikTok guidelines. TikTok recommends strict policies for posting content. TikTok will severely restrict content containing nudity, copyright issues, promoting illegal activities and hate speech.
- Sometimes your content falls into a gray zone. In the gray zone, the content is indecisive. They are not suitable for the platform, but not enough reason to reject them. In that case, TikTok will shadow that particular article.
- Shadowban is just an inexplicable practice of TikTok to keep their sanity. Normally, creators may encounter other issues such as account restriction, fines, temporary ban, and finally permanent ban.
With every approved action from TikTok, the creator will receive a notification of the process and the evidence. What should you do in case of TikTok shadowban?
Also read How to know if you are being shadowed on TikTok | Look for these signs!
TikTok Shadow Ban | What must we do?
There are a few techniques you can experiment with to remove your shadow ban. One of these methods usually saves your account.
1. Update the app Uninstall and reinstall your app. Sometimes you may not get enough attention due to outdated app choices.
2. Switch to ‘Pro Account’- This will help you analyze your activity. You may lose your natural audience.
3. Create quality content based on audience Sometimes your audience and content may not be on the same page. So know your audience better and create for them.
4. Check your account and find out the origin You can find out the cause of reduced exposure by analyzing your messages. Delete that post or any recent post that could be the reason for TikTok shadow ban. You can repost it later.
5. Repost content after verification Make sure your content is authentic and not provocative.
Also read How to Contact TikTok Customer Service in 2022 | Send emails, feedback and more
How long does a TikTok Shadowban last?
In the beginning it only took 24 hours. But as the application grows, the algorithm works with more caution. You can get a shadow ban of 2 weeks or 3 weeks.
TikTok is one of the largest video sharing platforms. They consistently make their platform better by providing the most appropriate content.
TikTok algorithms that restrict or restrict accounts on posts without giving any warning can be called ‘Shadowban’.
This article contains everything you need to know about ‘What is TikTok Shadowban’. I hope you liked the article and let me know what you think in the comments. Don’t forget to share your questions – we can provide more updates on that.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I know if I have a shadow ban?
Check your stats and find your post on FYP. If you can’t find your posts on FYP or under your usual hashtags, you may be banned from TikTok in the shadows.
2. How long does a TikTok Shadowban last?
Since the TikTok algorithm is regularly updated, you can experience a shadow ban from 24 hours to 3 weeks.
3. Can you be banned from TikTok permanently?
New. The TikTok shadow ban will last for a limited time. If you are a repeat account and break the TikTok guidelines, you could soon be rewarded with a permanent ban. Consider shadowban as a warning.
4. What is TikTok Shadow Ban?
TikTok unofficially limits the visibility of your account to the public. You may have violated one of the TikTok guidelines, or sometimes your app just needs an update. You have to make sure that you are not mistaken for losing a natural audience like shadowban.