Snapchat is a popular ephemeral messaging app. The instant messaging app has found its main audience in Gen Z. Like any major social media platform, Snapchat can also deny you access to your account. Though the reasons can range from questionable content to third party apps. If you’re here to know, Why your access to Snapchat has been temporarily disabledkeep reading!
You may be logged out of your Snapchat account with a message that says “your access to Snapchat is temporarily disabled.” Snapchat may have temporarily disabled your account for a violation of Community Policies and Guidelines.
The know the reason, Why your access to Snapchat has been temporarily disabled and how can you solve it, stay with us!
Why is your access to Snapchat temporarily disabled?
The reasons to know Why your access to Snapchat has been temporarily disabled there are many, but the following is a list to check if you have broken any of the rules mentioned.
- You have violated the Terms of Service or Community Guidelines.
- You use illegal Third Party Apps.
- You add one excessive number of friends to your Snapchat account.
- you may have ignored the email from Snapchatwhere it mentioned to change your account password.
Also Read Amazing New Snapchat Plus Features in 2022 | Everything you need to know!
How To Fix When Snapchat Is Temporarily Disabled?
To understand How To Fix When Snapchat Is Temporarily Offyou need to follow the given steps.
Also Read Snapchat Front Camera Not Working 2022 | How to solve the malfunction?
There are two main methods by which you can unlock your disabled Snapchat account.
How To Fix When Snapchat Is Temporarily Disabled By Page Unlock
- Uninstall Third Party Snapchat Apps: Your account may have been disabled by Snapchat because your device may have third-party Snapchat apps. You need to remove these apps from your device and check if you can log into your Snapchat account.
- In a web browser, log in to this link: You can unlock your account by going to the browser and following the link above. However, you may have to wait up to 24 hours for your account to be reactivated.
- The above website gives you access to login with your username and password.
- Once you log in to your account, a option to unlocktap that.
- Snapchat wants you to verify and confirm your email address.
- Once you’ve confirmed your email address with Snapchat, you’ll be able to: unlock your account.
Also read What does yellow heart mean on Snapchat in 2022 and how do you get it?
How To Fix When Snapchat Is Temporarily Off by contacting Snapchat
- Go to this link in a web browser.
- Click on the contact option on the web page.
- Select my account login in the menu bar.
- From Oh no! Tell us more, select I think my account has been hacked.
- From the page, an option Need help with something else will appear.
- Select yes for Need help with something else option.
- Please enter your account information, including your email ID, in the appropriate boxes.
- Write a post stating your problem with your Snapchat account.
- Tap on send and wait for Snapchat’s response.
What happens if Snapchat is temporarily disabled?
Your Snapchat account may be deactivated or temporarily disabled by Snapchat. In that scenario, your friends won’t be able to see your Snaps or contact you on Snapchat.
If you have deactivated your Snapchat for more than 30 days. Snapchat will permanently delete your account. Your database as a Snapchat user will be deleted.
If you want to access your account after 30 days, you can’t. However, you can create a new account at any time.
Also read What does WTV mean in Snapchat in 2022 | Snapchat’s latest Slang
Snapchat can deny you access to your account. Though the reasons can range from questionable content to third party apps. If you’re here to know, Why your access to Snapchat has been temporarily disabledread the whole article and share it with your friends!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I access my Snapchat account?
Your account may be temporarily locked by Snapchat for violating any of its policies.
How do I recover my temporarily disabled Snapchat account?
You can access your account by following the steps in the article.
Can I recover my deactivated account after 30 days?
No, you cannot recover your deactivated account after 30 days. Snapchat will permanently delete the account after 30 days.